Monday, August 27, 2012

Let's have a chat with...Manufactapaper


Hello everyone, I hope you're all having a great summer or "back to real life" moment... today we have a nice presentation by Manuela, Manufactapaper. I found her jewels stunning from the very first moment I saw them. Hope you enjoy reading a bit more about her! I'm a bit sad because next week it's going to be the last week of my minishop, but I truly hope this experience can continue... fingers crossed.... but for now enjoy reading about Manuela and stay tuned. :)

My name is Manuela, I live in Sicily and I started working with paper around three years ago, when I started being interested in the creative possibilities of recycling paper and other materials such as tetrapack. 
I use different kinds of paper, from fine kinds of paper like rice paper, traditional printed italian paper (Varese), handmade marble paper from Florence, bookbinding paper with a "snake skin" effect, to recycled paper from magazines, old books, normal copy paper, tetrapack. My creative process has an aesthetical and ethical origin, I want to contribute 
to the change of meaning of contemporary jewelry: jewels are precious not because they're made of expensive materials,
but because they're the result of recycling, work, of the idea and the hand of the craftsman. 
Paper jewelry is a hobby for me, I sell my creations only occasionally and I'm satisfied with this situation. 
My style is modern and minimal, shapes are essential and geometric. 
I take my inspiration from what I learned about origami, adapting some of the origami modules to jewelry, following the idea of an origami that's not meant to be exhibited, but "wearable", I always take inspiration from nature looking for the same texture of animals' skin in the paper, the colors of the Mediterranean, and the sunshine of my island. 



0 comments:

About

My photo
Oplà is the next Minishop at Roodkapje, running from july 20th to sept 2nd. Oplà offers a selection of i(ndie)talian craft, to bring in Rotterdam a bunch of talented creative minds all the way from Italy!

Roodkapje

Roodkapje
Oplà

I ♥ my followers

Links I Love

Imaginative Bloom banner
Powered by Blogger.